Sunday, January 01, 2006

It's a Beginning....


The air feels different this morning. The sun is shining. It's a brand new year and it just feels like a weight has shifted somewhere in the cosmos. Welcome to 2006!

My house is a wreck. From LAST year, mind you. But this year, I am going to get things all straightened back around. I'm going to clear out all the junk mail, get the important stuff sorted out and filed, and have a spare room that is once again fit for company. My own personal "Clean Sweep".

I live a retail life. I like it. It's something I'm good at. I even like the general chaos and insanity of working for a mass-market discount retailer during the holidays. Now I'm ready for a little downtime to bounce back and recover.

A list of things I want to do this year, in no particular order:
1. Get addresses put on my computer.
2. Finish assembling a family cookbook.
3. Get the junk out of the spare room
4. Get the junk out of my closet. Again. For about the sixth time.
5. Reorganize my kitchen. Again.
6. Make the time to chat with my brother on a regular basis. Dad's not getting any younger, and when he is gone, Mark will be my family. I want that bond between us a bit stronger.
7. Get a haircut. I can't stand having it this long any more.
8. Go to the KD Mini Marathon. Friends are planning to run it, and even though I won't be ready to run it or walk it, I want to see my friends.
9. Yes, I walk a lot as a cashier supervisor every day, but I want to add to my fitness routine. I want to add weights and yoga, so I am going to get a calendar and establish a routine.
10. The recipe program I am using for the cookbook has a menu planner and a calendar. I am going to start using them.

That's all for now. I truly do feel that something has shifted for the coming year. I hope so. Last year just seemed so tumultuous for everyone.

2 Comments:

Blogger deborah said...

yay! you have a blog!!!! I saw the mention on Violet's blog. I'm adding a link to here from mine (I hope that's okay).

7:49 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Yes, FINALLY. I am going to have to bookmark the damn thing, though, or I will manage to lose my own blog. LOL

Yes, it's okay to add the link. Someone should have a link to it! LOL

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home