Monday, February 27, 2006

New haircut


I got my hair cut on Saturday afternoon. My ex-sister-in-law has a small (two-chair) shop in the shopping center close to Dad's and one of my nephews got me a gift certificate. People might find it odd that our families all get along so well, I suppose. I always enjoy seeing Deb and visiting with her. Heck, I go to her family get together on Christmas Eve! My brother still goes hunting and fishing with her dad and her folks have Dad over for dinner regularly, as does her aunt June. Anyhow, I went a few minutes before my appointment so I could look through the books. I wanted something easy to take care of because 1) I am not good at fooling with my hair and 2) I don't like having to fool with my hair. I found a picture that I thought would work with some modifications. It's a shoulder length style with a part just to the right of center. The girl in the picture had some pretty deep bangs, which were the part I wanted to change. I just wanted a very light bang. The hair is blow-dried to frame my face. When Deb was done cutting and styling, I could tell I liked it even without my glasses on. I also re-did my color last night. I've been using L'Oreal light reddish brown, but decided to try a medium auburn. It looks very natural. I must have chosen well because everyone at work really liked my new 'do. Guys from the backroom even noticed and complimented me. I've worn my hair mostly pinned up at work for over a year now, so coming in with a shoulder-length cut was enough to cause several co-workers to not recognize me at first glance. Even my boss said she had a moment when she came in where she thought, "My dreams have been answered and we have a new cashier supervisor from somewhere!"

Best of all, even though it looks even cuter when Deb does it, I can actually style it without a lot of fuss. Whew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home