Friday, April 20, 2007

The Bactrim Diet


Not that I recommend this as a fun and painless way to lose weight, but it goes something like this....

1. Acquire some medical condition which requires that you ingest 2 Bactrim tablets every 12 hrs. and take the Bactrim faithfully on schedule.

2. Ponder your options with your slightly queasy tummy. Settle on a food list that consists of Ritz crackers, graham crackers, tea, water, ginger ale, applesauce, 1 oz. portions of mild cheddar cheese, toast, chicken rice soup and yogurt. If you are so inclined, have a small salad now and again. But you probably won't be so inclined very often, just so you know. You may be able to combine up to any two of the solid food items with one of the liquid ones. Your stomach will let you know. Trust me on this.

3. Lounge around, rising periodically to attend to your chosen medical condition. In my case, this has consisted of wound dressing every 3-6 hours. Channel surfing, reading and talking on the phone are all excellent cross-training as you lounge.

4. Wait a week and step on the scale. For me, the above regimen has resulted in a 7 lb. weight loss.

5. Continue this regimen until your medical condition is cured.

2 Comments:

Blogger J said...

I hope you feel better, Mel. I can't imagine the wound dressing stuff. Yikes!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Thanks, Jools. I am feeling MUCH better now. Still got to change my bandage, but not nearly as frequently, a fact which my skin is grateful for! Although, I think I've gotten about as good at it as a person can get. TG it's somewhere I can at least reach relatively easily!

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home