Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Spring!


Sigh. I've shamefully neglected my blog, leaving everyone with the impression that those of us who survived The Great Earthquake were still buried here in snow, with nothing being further from the truth! As to said Great Earthquake, I managed to sleep right through any shaking at my house, which leads me to believe that I've joined the rest of my family, who I've always sworn could sleep through a tornado blowing the house down. At any rate, spring has definitely and FINALLY sprung. There are daffodils and crocuses in bloom, along with forsythia and lilacs and any number of trees. Practically overnight, it seems. Anyhow, it's gorgeous. Low humidity, temperatures ranging from upper sixties to upper seventies in the day (although I see my little weather bug says it is 80 outside right now!) and falling into temperatures that are wonderful to sleep in with the windows open.

Let's see....I've been reviewed at work. I got a good raise for retail. I got to write a whole bunch of reviews for cashiers and other front end support positions. Now we get to deliver them. Yee-haw. Dogzilla has been to the V-E-T for his spring checkup. He got a rabies shot and tested for heartworm (all clear). The vet did suggest, ever so kindly, that we get some weight off the dear old boy, so he is on the baby carrot treat regimen. The first weekend I was up, he spent much of the weekend spewing baby carrots onto the floor with surprising vigor for a chubby old beagle, but this past weekend he seemed to take them quite readily. Of course, I had to keep pointing out the chunks lying on the floor that he missed, but at least he was eating them and not spitting them out. I'm going to have to keep an ice cube tray in the freezer this summer. No mean feat that, given the way Dad likes to cram the freezer full. I do come by my own packed freezer via a genetic predisposition, I guess!

I'm taking a few days vacation at the end of May/beginning of June. I have a cousin whose daughter is getting married on May 31, which happens to be my Mom's birthday. This is on her side of the family, so I told my Aunt Mary that it would be like Mom was with us at Stephanie's wedding. My youngest nephew will graduate from high school that morning, and I think they're having the party on June 1. I'm planning to take the Friday before off, along with Monday, Tuesday and Weds. afterward. I can spend an extra day with Dad and Dogzilla, without rushing to get home on Sunday night, and then I'll have a few days to do whatever I want when I get home. Perhaps I'll do some more clearing out and reorganize the kitchen or something. I'm sort of in the mood to do that kind of stuff.

Well, that's been my life in a little nutshell. Really. It IS spring here in central Ohio!

2 Comments:

Blogger Violet said...

FINALLY!!! Time to exorcise the snow demons. I told you my latest theory about dogs--that they are oportunistic parasites that manipulate us for their own gain! I stand by it. Be careful. Baby carrots are not that cheap these days . . .

4:40 PM  
Blogger Blink said...

Thanks for the note on the blog. You need to start updating. You've been invisible lately and I don't think that I have a working email for you.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home