Sunday, March 05, 2006

Pledge Week


Sigh. I love PBS. Really. Except during pledge week. Which seems to come every other month in this town. And the only reason I really hate pledge week is because in between begging for money all they show are things like the same Wayne Dyer lecture, the same Suze Orman lecture and the same do-wop concert. Unless they show "Has-Been Disco Stars". Honestly, if I could afford it, I'd make additional pledges just to get these damn stupid pledge week shows off the air. Or so they could maybe get some NEW ones. The only one I even remotely like is the cooking one, where they have real people come in and prepare the recipes they've sent in. This time they were doing "Family Favorites".

Of course, my real concern is that now I will have to tune my bedtime TV to something else for a whole week. I can't sleep to people begging for money in between Wayne, Suze and the disco and do-wop crews like I can during regular PBS programming. Well, except for This Old House. Very hard to snooze through that power saw or power drill that makes an appearance in every show.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home