Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I Am Being Stalked


No, no. Don't worry too much. There's no crazed psycho or internet junkie after me. It's a wasp. I HATE WASPS!!! I was stung by them several times as a child (the perils of sleeping upstairs in an old farmhouse) and was apparently traumatized by the experience. I'm not allergic. I don't even remember it hurting all that bad, truth to tell. But whenever I see one buzzing around the apartment intermitently, I become obsessed by the need to kill it. I saw it once yesterday and it's buzzed me twice today and when I turn to get the wasp spray or the fly swatter, the bastard has disappeared. Oh, perhaps I should amend that to say the bitch has disappeared. It's probably a female wasp. Not that I intend to get close enough to it in its whole undamaged condition to conduct any kind of conclusive investigation of that point.

Such are my neuroses. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home