Thursday, September 13, 2007

Me and My Shredder


As I've mentioned before, the approach of fall triggers my nesting instincts. While most people do spring cleaning, I'm definitely a fall cleaner. To that end, I've spent the morning before heading off to work to at long last begin to reclaim my spare room, which doubles as my computer room and guest room. Up to now, guests might be hard-pressed to FIND the bed in here. Mainly because anything I don't know what to do with ends up in the spare room and often on the bed.


Let me further explain that my relationship with mail is rather like that between the postal delivery service and mail in many small third world countries: I don't deliver it, I store it. I have taken out no less than 3 tall kitchen bags full of junk mail, old mail and mail that has been shredded. And I'm not quite done yet. I am optimistic that I can finish this part of cleaning out the spare room in an hour or so tomorrow before I head northward to Dad's. Then I can start tackling the rest of the sorting out when I am home again come Sunday evening. I feel really, really good about this. It's needed doing for a loooong time.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home