Monday, January 16, 2006

Something New


Well, it's been a fairly uneventful day here at home. I did go out on a paper towel and trash bag run to stock the place up on those kind of necessities. One of my co-workers called and she needs to close tomorrow night instead of open, so she asked if I'd trade. The only disruption in my life was that I wound up doing laundry today instead of tomorrow. It is whirling around in the dryer now.

I tried a new recipe today, in keeping with my vow to try at least ONE new recipe every week. Today I made some chimichurri sauce. I knew I was going to have steak tonight, and I was chopping parsley for a lemon vinagrette for salad, so.....I tossed a few things together to make my version of a chimichurri sauce. I used some finely diced red onion, parsley, lemon juice, salt, pepper, red chili flakes, toasted cumin and olive oil. It was really good with the steak, which I pan roasted, since it was a nice thick ribeye. For dinner I also made sweet potato oven fries and I did some portobello mushroom slices on the stove with garlic and red onion. Had a small mixed green salad, too. Trying to live up to 5-9 fruit and veggie servings, too, and I think I am doing pretty well. The remaining steak and chimichurri sauce will be transformed tomorrow evening into Chimichurri Steak Salad. It's my idea for a chop salad, so it will be easy to assemble when I get home tomorrow after work.

Today is aerobic laundry day, which means several trips up and down the stairs to get it all washed, dried and put away. That will suffice! Tomorrow is going to be abs and weights before work, which means I need to roll out just a little before 6. It's not going to be that painful. Unless, of course, my abs set up on me! Which can always happen when you push those muscles beyond where they are. It is only temporary aches, though, so I'll live!

It is still nice to have a refrigerator that I can actually SEE stuff in. So much easier to live!

Time to go check on the clothes.......I'm sure something is dry by now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

I'll come clean your fridge if you'll come clean my spare room! I can't seem to get to it no matter how good my intentions! Everyone needs a wife, I think.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home