Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Productive Day Off


Well, I go from neglecting the blogs for weeks to posting twice in one day!

In spite of a slow start, I actually managed to do up the sheets and towels, sort the rest of the laundry for tomorrow morning, change the sheets on the bed, clean the bathroom, do a load of dishes in the dishwasher (including UNLOADING them and putting them away), reload the dishwasher, wash a sink of dishes that don't fit into the dishwasher (damn apartment dishwasher anyhow!), and cook. I made pickled shrimp, meat sauce for spaghetti, and a beanie-weenie casserole from my leftover baked beans by combining them with cut up hot dogs and putting a Jiffy corn muffin mix (with a little cheddar cheese stirred in) over it all. I want to see how the shrimp turn out. I had cooked shrimp that I'd thawed out and needed to do something with them. I'd seen the pickled shrimp on Paula Deen's show, and read a few recipes on the web and cobbled together my own recipe based on what I'd read and what was on hand in my cupboards and fridge. If it turns out tasty (and I am thinking that it might be something to do for gifts around the holidays, when cooked cocktail shrimp get to be relatively inexpensive), I'll put the recipe on my cooking blog. We'll see how it turns out. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. If nothing else, they LOOK pretty in the jar! Oh, and I ordered a cookbook that I've been wanting with the Barnes & Noble gift certificate that my boss gave me for my birthday. I found a nice used copy of "Gordon Ramsay Makes It Simple". So I am, as my friend Julia would say, "Happy, happy."

And even with all of the above, I still managed to update my blogs and play plenty on the computer. And watch lots of Food TV shows. Yes. You noticed the absence of vaccuming from my list of chores. Well, I have until 8:30 or so to accomplish the vaccuming. I think it is rude to vacuum later than that, just in case there are tots that need their rest.

I am having a nice iced coffee now. Yes, I'll sleep like a baby. I am one of those people who can drink coffee in the early evening and still get a perfectly good night's sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home