Sunday, January 22, 2006

Poker Party


Yesterday afternoon I drove home from Dad's because some coworkers were having a poker party. Now, I didn't think I knew anything about poker. In fact, I still can't claim that I do, but the cards flowed my way and I must have wagered my chips wisely. Wound up winning for the evening. Amidst jokes about cashier supervisors who collect "money". We only played for the chips on the table, so it wasn't like there was money involved. Everyone had a good time and we had plenty of nibbles. That's the most dangerous part for me! I hope we do it again sometime. It was fun to see people outside of the store for a change.

Been having a nice time with Dogzilla, even with his arthritis kicking up a bit. Poor boy still likes to get out there and run around his yard. He just wears himself out tripoding it around, I think. Dad is going to take him to the vet to see if there is more than just an aspirin routine. We have told the dear boy, however, that hip replacement is not in his future like it was for Dad. Of course, if we didn't keep giving him treats, he might lose some weight! He still likes me to pick him up, the little furry king!

Well, I am doing up some laundry this morning and then I will head back up to Dad's until Weds. evening. Right now, though, I need to finish my COFFEE!!! Up late last night....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home