Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Shopping at Trader Joes


An easy, easy day at work today. Had plenty of time to get to some of the cleaning we're doing. Not a stressful moment in the whole darn day. It's nice having times like that. Makes up for Christmas and running around like a chicken with your head cut off. While multi-tasking. I like to tell my co-workers that I never had ADD until I started working there.

Needed to get rice and red onions after work, but absolutely, positively could NOT face the Big Giant MegaMart at 4:30. Decided to shop Trader Joes instead. Naturally, I walked out with more than rice and red onions. I wound up with a bottle of TJ's Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar and a recipe for a salad made of baby beets, mandarin oranges and red onions in an orange vinaigrette. I decided it was worth the $3.00 splurge. Remember I AM The Condiment Queen of the Western World, and that includes all manner of vinegar. Except tarragon vinegar because of all the spices in the world, I oddly enough loathe tarragon. I dunno why. Go figure. But I digress.....back to the beet salad.

I decided that I always have canned beets of all sizes and shapes in the pantry, so I did not need to buy those cute cooked beets in the refrigerated section. I thought the combination would work as a main dish salad if I added some crumbled goat cheese and toasted walnuts. and put everything over a bed of mixed greens. Walnuts and lettuce I had at home, but I picked up some goat cheese crumbles. I also picked up two kinds of sorbet: passion fruit and mango-tangerine. It sounded refreshing and satisfying. I took a scoop of each kind and then sprinkled it with frozen blueberries.

I did some stretching after work today, before dinner. I'm planning to turn in nice and early this evening. I don't think there is anything I need to watch on TV. I've already washed my face since 2006 is the Year I Wear Just a Little Makeup Again. Nothing drastic. A little foundation (to even out my aging skin) and blush. Then I draw on the eyebrows (it is just not right that after 45 your eyebrows just fade away. I suppose all the color in your facial hair has to go straight into the damn mustache!!) and put on mascara.

Off to finish catching up on a few phone calls and then I am putting my feet up to read! Tomorrow I am doing a yoga tape. I want to practice downward facing dog. I think I will take a tape with me to Dad's this week, since I'll be up on vacation and the beagle doesn't walk like he used to. Of course, he will probably think I am playing when I do downward facing dog in the living room. Probably give me beagle kisses. Which are really just a subtle way to be sure I haven't been eating anything without him. He gets in close just to do a breath check!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home